I am Leah Halvorsen, CPCC, PCC. I am a Professionally Certified Coach (PCC) with 14 years full-time coaching experience, a Certified Co-Active Life Coach (CPCC) and a Personal Leadership Development Coach. I also have vast experience and previous education working with children and families in crisis as an interventionist. This skillset shines through in my coaching style and parenting support frameworks.
I am a Mom of two adult children, and I really groove on that “job”. It has been my greatest joy and biggest learning. I 1000% get that parenting is not easy, and should come with a manual. I have been married for 100 years (not quite, but I get the beauty and grit of a long, long term relationship). I love being outside with my bare feet on the earth, and am always up for a ridiculous adventure. I’m a deep thinker who also likes to hatch fun plans. That’s the “what if…” I talk to YOU about, expressed in my own life. I love vinyl records and candy! I don’t really like jigsaw puzzles, but I LOVE people puzzles.
People ask: “what kind of Coach are you Leah?” Here’s the answer: I am a Heart-Centered Developmental Coach. I am driven toward having you to access your heart, gut and mind, while learning and practicing how all of these can play together to unleash a more powerful and intentional YOU. While each one is useful separately, together they are unstoppable. Of those three, we generally ignore our heart, or call it weak, burdensome or even scary. So with me, you’ll get right in there, and you won’t be alone. I am also focused on you developing the insight and behavioural skills necessary to live the life you want, and have relationships and interactions that feel powerful, not painful. You will develop the agility to be in the drivers seat with your emotional weather systems, and emotional wellness.
I connect you to your heart. Why would you want to do that?
- you are less stressed out
- you recognize the choices you make, and trust yourself to make them
- you become unburdened by your past
- you like your life
- you are able to taste contentment without seeking perfection
- the decisions you make are powerful and balanced
- you recognize and use your unique strengths and gifts
- the goals you set and achieve are vibrant and empowering, because you know what you want and can say it out loud
- your emotions become fuel for enlivened living, rather than something to beat down or deny
- you recognize and like the person you see in the mirror every day
THAT’S why you would want to connect your heart with your mind and your gut. It changes the face of every part of your life. I believe in internal shifts for the sake of external manifestations (read: realign your internal landscape and the outside life will naturally change too). I am all about encouraging and growing EMOTIONAL AWARENESS AND AGILITY. That is the ability to embrace and utilize the motivations and energy of ALL EMOTIONS, for the sake of experiencing your full life range, and building exactly the life you want.
Many people shut down or freeze out emotions, or try to be happy and productive in spite of what they are feeling, however the work we will do allows you to understand and move through your emotions, and use them as tools for success. Growing emotional agility also involves healing trauma and giving you the power and insight to grow through and beyond your past.
In seeking the expression of your heart, I use mine openly. I am not afraid to talk about the hard stuff, and always see you as capable, and full of promise (because you are). I am a great intuitive listener, and am able to weave information from throughout our coaching relationship, to challenge the development of a new awareness. I am funny and gentle, as well as firm and no-nonsense. I am a rigorous coach for the sake of you embracing meaningful and deep change.
I highly recommend working with Leah, particularly if you are ready for honest self-analysis and massive change.
I speak truth as it appears, and if you are tripping over your own patterns of distracting behavior, you can rely on me to point it out and challenge you, while loving your true nature and holding fierce expectancy for its expression. As a client has said: “[Leah] can “sit down with you and SEE, usually very quickly, and with unnerving clarity, what snares you are setting for yourself, and if you are already ensnared (and typically you are, if you are here with her), how you can free yourself.”
Find You, Heal You, Love You, Be You–and from that, all things are possible! Yep, it can be boiled down to that. Sound hokey? Try it…I dare you. It will be the bravest thing you have ever done.
This type of coaching is also useful for coaches who are embarking on the Certification journey with CTI. Certification is a rigorous and rewarding experience, and honing your coaching skills while discovering your personal blocks to success improves your ability to succeed within the program and beyond. It is my pleasure to coach individuals who are in this process.
I am a:
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, with 14 years full time coaching experience (CPCC) – (Co-Active Training Institute)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) – International Coaching Federation
- Past CTI Calgary Community Development Representative – (Co-Active Training Institute)
- Graduate, CTI Leadership Program (2010)
- C-IQ Enhanced Skills Practitioner
- Parentology Certified Coach
- was acknowledged by Influence Digest as a top 20 Life Coach in Calgary (2021)
- was the Volunteer Coach Co-Ordinator, and part of the instructional team for the Wisconsin Youth Leadership Academy (WYLA)
- was a Leadership Mentor with the CTI Leadership Mentoring Program
- is a certified Laughter Yoga Leader
- has a Bachelor of Arts, Human and Social Development (University of Victoria, BC. Canada)
- has a diploma in Child and Youth Development (Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB. Canada)
- has extensive experience working with children, youth and families in support and intervention capacities
- is trained in suicide intervention and prevention